Meet Dee Marshall
A sought-after international speaker, published Author, certified Coach and TV Lifestyle Expert, Dee Marshall is Managing Director at Raise The Bar, LLC a WBENC Certified providing coaching training and development. She is Founder of Girlfriends Pray Inc. an international non-profit organization of over 200K women (currently in three countries and over 26 US markets) and Marshall is also a contributor for Essence Magazine and FOX NY. Her speaking credits span from small to large audiences around the world. She has been covered by numerous media outlets to include ABC, MSNBC, Fox, Black Enterprise, Upscale, Rolling Out and many more in addition to her role as the resident Life Coach on TV One Makeover Manor.
Prior to launching out on her own Marshall spent over ten years working on Wall Street in management and organizational development for Merrill Lynch, Prudential Securities, Moody’s Investor Service pre- September 11th and post September 11th prior to going in to business she worked for Johnson & Johnson and managed advertising sales for over a dozen categories of business at The New York Times.
- Dee Marshall is..a Game Changer, Power Player, Fire Starter, and Mover & Shaker
- a Wall Street alumni former corporate executive and leadership trainer for Fortune 500 companies including Merrill Lynch, Prudential Securities, Moody’s Investor Services, Johnson & Johnson, and The New York Times.
- a Capitol Hill go-to for women leaders. Women of Congress call on Dee to co-convene women’s initiatives, gather local women leaders, strategically plan the mobilization of women, and provide insight whenever they need a young, fresh perspective on connecting with women.
- a Respected authority for high-ranking, high-profile, high-level women. Dee has coached the First Lady of Bermuda and was called upon by the Premier of Bermuda to work with the top women leaders of the country. Her client roster includes women in corporate, FBI, NCIS, those who bear titles of Chief Judge and Mayor as well as Ministry Leaders.
- a Connector with golden contacts. Networked from power hubs like Wall Street and The White House, as well as industry and media, Dee is internationally recognized as a mover and shaker who shares her network.
- a Genius in mobilizing women and leveraging new media. Dee established a community service movement in the height of the recession by leveraging social media to grow to a network of over 200k …. in three countries and over 25 U.S. markets.
- a Subject matter expert on diversity, women’s success and a media contributor for Essence Magazine.
- a Survivor and go-to on career transitions and reinvention. Not only has Dee endured many corporate restructures, she also made it down 33 flights of stairs on September 11th after witnessing the second plane crash into the World Trade Center.
- an expert teacher and trainer. Dee has spoken at over a dozen universities, been called upon to teach social media at B Schools, delivered a commencement speech at Devry University, and recently signed on to teach a Continuing Education Leadership Development Program at Pillar College.
- a powerful speaker and motivator known on the speaker circuit at women’s conferences, industry conferences, and all over the globe.
In the words of Dee Marshall this is the short answer “I EMPOWER WOMEN©” and then the real story.
I empower women.
I empower women to be, do, go.
I empower women to be who they were born to be, to do what they love to do, go where they want to go.
I empower women to be who they were born to be rather than who they are pretending to be right now,
I empower women to do what they want to do rather then what they believe they need to do to exist and maintain in this world and I empower women to go where their heart desires without permission.
I empower women thru prayer, ministry, coaching, consulting, training and development, speaking, writing, vlogging, chatting, breathing.
I empower women using television, radio, magazines, my personal computer, PDA, VOIP, telephone, microphone, and megaphone.
I empower women with information thru facilitation, professional development, personal mastery and entrepreneurship.
I empower women to go as far as they can go and then go a little further.
I empower women to take some risks, break some rules, play like a champion and kick ass.
I empower women to be significant, create something bigger than them and leave a legacy.
I empower women to live on purpose, out loud, up front and center stage.
I empower women, that’s what I do. - Dee Marshall
“Dee Marshall is a chief strategist, creative innovator and a true resource. Ms. Marshall's ability to invigorate and inspire urges even the those of us with the most limited resources to feel that we can change the world. Through the application of her counsel we have been able to forge a grassroots movement which speaks truth to power in an informed and impactful manner. Dee Marshall is pure magic.” - Michellene Davis,esq., Chair, Legislative Affairs, Garden State Bar Association
“Exciting, enthusiastic and energetic - Dee Marshall delivers a message with a punch! People are challenged to elevate their thoughts and excel in their actions after hearing Dee. She is relevant, funny and inspiring. We couldn't get enough of her!” - Mia K. Wright, Executive Director, Metamorphosis Conference, Inc
"Dee Marshall gets it. She doesn't just talk about wanting to help others or see their lives improve, she has given her life to this calling. Her reach is so great because she gets the bigger picture -- impacting the lives of others with her gifts and talents. She leads by example as a servant first. Dee afforded me a transforming opportunity to take her place at an event as a co host on the red carpet. This opportunity opened doors for me and gave me additional credibility. Dee is someone you always want on your team and in your corner. She's the real deal!" – K. Pope -Kristen L. Pope The King's Daughters, Inc. - Turnaround Media
"Dee Marshall is charisma personified. Her electricity and familial energy draws you in as if she is an old friend from the moment you meet her. I'm grateful to have made her acquaintance personally, not mention she has counseled me professionally as I was stumped brainstorming on a marketing project. Her wisdom is inspiring... her creativity is boundless." - Angela Renee Coakley, Coakley Entertainment
- For ministry specific inquiries (Girlfriends Pray), click here
- For coaching and mentoring, click here to view programs